Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Dear Show, Good Job: Week 1

Dear "Parks and Rec,"

I already expect you'll be a perennial winner in this series. Let's be honest, you're the standard for feminist television right now. This week was no exception. It was great to see you pay attention to women in government. I'll admit, I squealed of excitement when Leslie said "I look forward to a day when women in government are just people in government." Right on, Leslie! You go girl! But I was also excited to see Leslie struggle with how thankless her job is. It's great to see that women can be awesome and amazing and still struggle like the rest of us. We don't need super women on TV. We need real women and I'm glad to say Leslie Knope is one of them.

Sincerely,
Leslie Knope Is My Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment